* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups eggnog
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
* 1 (9 inch) pie crust, uncooked (I used a deep dish pan and that was perfect, I think this would be too much filling for a regular 9inch pan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix the sugar and flour together in a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggnog, eggs, and vanilla to make a smooth mixture. Stir in the butter. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
3. Bake in preheated oven until the custard is set, 45 to 60 minutes. (The original recipe says a shorter time, but I had to go this long, and most of the people who commented on the recipe said they had to cook it this long as well.) Yes, the top will get kinda dark, but follow the 'set up' guideline, not the color, and you'll get a good pie.
|can you see how flaky that crust is? I'm lovin my coconut oil crusts!|