I post recipes here the way that I make them, so of course you should feel free to adapt these to what your family likes!
To make this blog user-friendly, I put tags for each major ingredient of each recipe, as well as for type of dish, and ethnicity, so you can go to the list on the side here (scroll down) and search for specific things.
If you like a recipe, please comment! If you have a yummy adaptation, please leave that in the comments as well!

Flourless Applesauce Cinnamon Cake


There are some lovely flourless chocolate cakes, but I've had trouble finding non-chocolate ones so I started experimenting and this came out well so I'm sharing.  This is not very sweet--almost like a muffin--and it's low sugar and fat as well. I think I'll be eating it for breakfast!

4 eggs--divided
1 cup rolled oats
1cup applesauce
1-2 Tbs cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (optional--depending how sweet your applesauce is)

Put the oats in a food processor or blender or run through a grinder so they are a coarse flour. Add the applesauce, cinnamon and egg yolks so it makes a thick paste. 
In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the sugar to the whites. 
Gently fold the apple-oat-cinnamon mix into the egg whites. 
Put into a greased 7x11 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 300 for about 45 minutes (check with a toothpick to make sure it's done). 
It's really good warm with butter :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...