makes enough for a 9x13 pan of nachos
- around 3 cups Tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups cooked (or canned) lentils or pinto beans (they have to be soft) I like to use leftover lentils/beans if I have them
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp garlic power*
- 1 Tbs ground cumin*
- 1 Tbs chili powder*
- *(spices can be replaced with a half packet of taco or other mexican seasoning if you want, but I prefer to use separate spices so I can customize the proportions)
- optional--a few drops of tabasco sauce
Put ketchup and spices in with the lentils and blend well (use a blender or an electric mixer). Drop the mixture in blobs around on the chips.
Sprinkle cheese over the top of everything.
Cook on 350 for about 10 min or until cheese is melted and everything is warm. To keep chips crunchier, use a higher temperature for a shorter time.